Malaysia Airlines Cancellation Policy
Malaysia Airlines offers a flexible cancellation policy that varies based on the ticket type you purchased and the fare rules. Typically, the airline offers different fare categories, each with its own set of rules and fees for cancellations. The article below will provide an overview of Malaysia Airlines Cancellation Policy; you should check this out to avoid penalties and inconvenience.
Steps to Malaysia Airlines Cancellation Policy:
- The cancellation policy of Malaysia Airlines states that all flex tickets can be cancelled and refunded without paying any fee.
- You can not cancel economy lite fares except on certain routes. However, cancelling and getting a refund for the economy basics fare is possible.
- As per the Malaysia Airlines Cancellation Policy, if you book a ticket to/from the United States directly via Malaysia Airlines 7 dates before departure and cancel it on the same date or within 24 hours, you don't need to pay any cancellation charges, and you are eligible to receive a full refund.
- The 24-hour refund policy of Malaysia Airlines applies to all ticket types, irrespective of their fare condition.
- If Malaysia Airlines cancels your flight and you don't agree with the alternative flight option, you can opt for a full refund. You are also eligible for a full refund if the flight is delayed for over 3 hours.
Malaysia Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation:
The flight cancellation compensation of Malaysia Airlines departing from an airport in the European Union comes under the law EC 261, which protects passengers' rights. As per regulation, if Malaysia Airlines is cancelled within 14 days of departure or delayed more than 3 hours because of reasons within the airline's control, you are eligible to get a compensation of around Euro 600/ USD 700.
How to Cancel and Refund a Malaysia Airlines Ticket?
As per the Cancellation Policy of the airline, here are the various options you can opt to cancel and refund your Malaysian Airlines ticket:
- Via website using manage tab options; this applies to tickets you directly book via https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/
- Via phone call; call +603 7843 3000 or the nearest Malaysia Airlines office
- Via Malaysia Airlines ticket office
- Via the travel agent through which your ticket is issues
- By filling out the contact form
Malaysia Airlines Refund Contact
Here are the Malaysia Airlines refund contact details listed below:
- Call 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia).
- Call your travel agent if the ticket is booked via a third party.
Conclusion: By walking through the information in the article below, hopefully, you learned about Malaysia Airlines Cancellation Policy. Besides, speak to Malaysia customer care directly if you have any issues or need additional details.