How do I upgrade seats on Southwest?
Southwest Airlines is well-known for ensuring people have the best flying experience. The airlines have a team of professional staff that ensures that the passengers get the best possible help and assistance from booking time to reaching their desired destinations. The passengers can get extreme comfort by paying a little extra and upgrading themselves. To upgrade your seats on Southwest Airlines, follow these steps, and it will be good to go.
- Book a Ticket: Start by booking your flight ticket with Southwest Airlines. You can do this online through their official website or mobile app. When making the reservation of your ticket, you can request an auto-upgrade.
- Check for Available Upgrades: After booking, log in to your Southwest Airlines account and check for available seat upgrades. They typically offer options like EarlyBird Check-In and Upgraded Boarding.
- EarlyBird Check-In: This service allows you to automatically check in 36 hours before your flight's departure, giving you a better boarding position. It doesn't guarantee a specific seat but increases your chances of getting a desirable one.
- Upgraded Boarding: Southwest offers A1-15 positions for purchase at the airport on the day of travel. These positions allow you to board first and have a better selection of seats. The cost varies depending on your flight class and the distance your flight covers.
- In-Flight Upgrades: On some flights, if there are empty seats in the upgraded class (Business Select or Anytime), the flight attendants may offer you the option to upgrade during the flight. The cost will depend on availability.
- Business Select: This is Southwest's premium class. When you purchase a Business Select fare, you get priority boarding, extra Rapid Rewards points, and a guaranteed A1-15 boarding position. It ensures you have the best seat choices.
- Anytime Fare: Anytime Fares are flexible tickets with priority boarding and free same-day flight changes. While they don't guarantee an A1-15 boarding position, you'll have a better chance of selecting a preferred seat.
Can you upgrade seats with Southwest?
Yes, you can upgrade seats with Southwest Airlines. They offer several options, including purchasing premium fares like Business Select or Anytime, using the EarlyBird Check-In service, or buying Upgraded Boarding positions at the airport.
How much does it cost to upgrade the seats on Southwest?
The cost of upgrading seats on Southwest Airlines varies depending on the option you choose:
Business Select and Anytime Fares: These premium fares have seat selection benefits and typically cost more than the standard Want to Get Away fares.
EarlyBird Check-In: The cost of EarlyBird Check-In varies by route and is generally around $15 to $25 per person, one way.
Upgraded Boarding: The cost of Upgraded Boarding depends on availability and the specific flight but is usually between $30 and $50 per person, one way.
It's a good idea to check Southwest Airlines' official website or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date pricing information, as prices are subject to change.