Air Canada Seat Selection Policy
It is essential to understand the seat selection policy of Air Canada before booking your seat. The seat selection policies are the blueprints that every passenger must follow to avoid last-minute confusion. The seat selection policies of Air Canada are:
- Passengers must select their seats before check-in.
- Passengers can only select their seats online, via call center, or at the airport check-in counter.
- Passengers must select their seat at least 3 hours before the flight departure time.
- If a passenger doesn’t select a seat, the airline will automatically assign a seat to them.
- Old-aged persons, pregnant ladies, and unaccompanied minors should select seats at the airport check-in counter.
- Airlines hold all the right to change the seat of a passenger seated at the emergency exit seats if they consider the passenger unfit to fulfill the role during emergencies.
- Air Canada tries to assign the same row seat to the child traveling with their accompanied passenger.
Types of Seats Under Air Canada Seat Selection Chart
Air Canada has various types of seats; passengers can select their favorite seat from the seat selection chart. Types of seats on Air Canada flights are as follows:
- In Economy, passengers can access the window, aisle, and middle seats.
- In Premium Economy, passengers can choose from extra legroom seats to window and other seats.
- Air Canada also has Business and first-class seats where passengers can choose front-row seats, extra legroom seats, etc.
How to Choose Seats on Air Canada Flights?
Passengers can select their seats on Air Canada flights online through the website of Air Canada, by calling the customer service executives, or at the airport check-in counter. The steps to select a seat on the website are as follows:
- Head to the website of Air Canada.
- Click on My Bookings.
- Find your flight using the passenger’s last name and ticket number.
- Select your flight and head to add a seat.
- Look for the availability and select your seat according to your preference.
- Confirm your seat and pay the seat selection fee, if any.
- The airline will notify you regarding the seat on your registered Email.
Air Canada Seat Selection Fee
The seat selection fee of Air Canada depends on the type of seat and class of travel. Here are the seat selection fees on Air Canada flights.
- The basic fare within Canada and the U.S. is $14 to $30; Caribbean and Mexico are $30, and for International flights, it is $30 to $61.
- The standard fare within Canada and the U.S. is $14 to $30; on selected international destinations, $30 to $50, and on all other itineraries, seat selection is complimentary.
- On Business class, Premium Economy, Latitude, Comfort, and Flex fare seat selection is complimentary.
The starting fee for selecting a preferred seat is $20 and goes up to $155. Elite members can get a preferred seat free of any extra charge.
How can I get a free seat at Air Canada?
If you want to get a free seat at Air Canada, then look for free seats when booking your flight; generally, aircraft’s back seats and middle seats are free. If these options aren’t working, ask for your favorite seat at the airport check-in counter free of charge.